The cruelty-free beauty and cosmetic brands we’re loving right now

Because cruelty free looks good on everyone!

Even in 2020, a huge amount of beauty and cosmetic brands are still testing on animals- especially in Mainland China where it is required by law- and us shoppers are totally unaware of it! For that reason, we’ve put together a list of our favourite cruelty-free beauty and cosmetic brands for you to enjoy.

Kat Von D

Kat Von D’s beauty brand is certified cruelty-free by PETA and sells a range of make-up and make-up tools plus fragrances! To top it off, all of her products recently became 100% vegan too.

Our top picks: Limited Edition ‘Vegan Love’ Eye Shadow Palette and ‘Saint’ eau de parfum 30ml

Avalon Organics

Avalon Organics is a brand focused on providing body, hair and skin care made from organic ingredients that are never tested on animals. All of their products are certified by The Leaping Bunny Program and, except for their vegetarian lip balms, are 100% vegan too!

Our top picks: Lavender Facial Cleansing Gel and Moisturizing Coconut Conditioner

Cover FX

Cover FX is a cruelty-free make up brand, certified by PETA, with foundations in over 28 shades. They never test on animals and all of their products are vegan.

Our top picks: Cover FX Perfect Setting Powder Travel Size and Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops

Barry M

Barry M is a cruelty-free cosmetics brand most well known for it’s nail varnishes. They also sell make-up and 97% of the products are vegan (the other 3% contains beeswax). Although they are not yet certified as cruelty-free, they claim to be themselves and are listed as cruelty-free on the crueltyfreekitty page.

Our top picks: Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint and WILDLIFE® Eyeshadow Charity Palette

The Body Shop

The Body Shop is a popular choice when it comes to beauty and body care. From mango body yoghurt to strawberry soap and shea butter shampoo, the shop has all the scents. They also sell make-up products, and what makes it 100X better is the fact that their products are never tested on animals (and their parent company doesn’t either). Plus, they’ve got a large range of vegan products.

Our top picks: Instablur™ Primer and Pink Grapefruit Body Yogurt

Not to forget: Supermarket brands

Both Waitrose and Sainsburys have cruelty-free own-brand cosmetic, beauty and household products which are certified by The Leaping Bunny Program. ASDA and Tesco both claim to be cruelty-free as well.

So when it comes to buying shampoo, shower gel and other cosmetic and beauty products, the cheaper supermarket options are actually cruelty free and some of them are even vegan too.

Our top picks: Tesco Extracts Tropical Conditioner (vegan), essential Waitrose Pink Grapefruit Gel (vegan), Waitrose Pure Micellar Water (vegan)

With this new knowledge, we can all carry on living our best lives whilst respecting the rights of animals at the same time. Cruelty-free looks good on everyone.

Written by Sophie Corderoy