With another lockdown being announced, it’s completely normal to feel anxious or daunted. We’re all in this together and Carbon are here to help you stay positive. Take a look below at our tips to feel good this lockdown.
By Nicola Scovell
1) Have a self-care day – This may be having a duvet day, running yourself a bath, going on a walk or binge-watching Netflix. Whatever it might be, give yourself a break!
2) Watch a comfort movie – You know those movies that you’ve seen repeatedly but you don’t care because you love it so much? Those are comfort movies; they make you forget about the world for a couple of hours and make you feel good. (Mine happens to be 13 going on 30)
3) Remember this is temporary – Keep reminding yourself that this won’t last forever. There will be a time (hopefully soon) where we can go back to normality!
4) Think about what’s to come – Even though it doesn’t seem possible, Christmas is next month. That means it will be acceptable to listen to Christmas music (I’ve already started but let’s not focus on that)! That means festive music, presents and being back with loved ones.
5) Keep a journal – It may consist of you writing a few things you’re grateful for or just venting out your thoughts. Keeping a journal can really help relieve stress and it’s nice if you don’t have anyone to talk to or you don’t want to talk to anyone.
Don’t forget we got through the last one just fine and we’ll get through this one! X