Hey you! Love yourself a little more today. Did you know that you are actually very special? You deserve to be loved by people around you and you deserve to love yourself.
Practicing self love can be hard for a lot of us, especially in times like this. So do yourself a favour and give yourself a hug and start by practicing the following:
- Fill up your body with food and drink that will nourish it enough, your body will love you for this!
- Try and get out of bed every day, even if that’s going on a little walk with friends or alone. You will appreciate this after!
- Don’t believe everything you think. There is an inner critic inside of us trying to keep us small and safe. The downside is this also stops us from living a full life
- Stop the comparisons. There is no one on this planet like you, so you cannot fairly compare yourself to someone else. The only person you should compare yourself to is you.
- Realize that beauty cannot be defined. It is what you see it as. Don’t let any of those Photoshopped magazines make you feel like your body isn’t perfect. Even those models don’t look like that in real life.
- Treat others with love and respect. It makes us feel better about ourselves when we treat others the way we hope to be treated. That doesn’t mean everybody will always repay the favour, but that’s their problem not yours.
- Learn to say no. Saying no sometimes doesn’t make you a bad person, it makes you a smart person.
- Forgive yourself. You know that thing you did one time (or maybe a few times) that made you feel bad, embarrassed, ashamed? It’s time to let that go. You can’t change the things you have done in the past but you can control your future. Look at it as a learning experience and believe in your ability to change.
- Give up the need for approval from others. “You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.” — Dita Von Teese
- Have fun! Get out there and do the things that light your fire. Enjoy them, enjoy being you and enjoy your incredible life.